A blog post from De Been 100% Jiu Jitsu HQ sharing a recent conversation with their parents about fees and the benefits of participating in junior classes.
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money for your kids to do Jiu Jitsu?” Well I have a confession to make. Personally, I couldn’t care less about Jiu Jitsu. So, if I am not paying for Jiu Jitsu, what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to training but go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates.
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they compete in tournaments but don’t get the result they hoped for, but still had to work hard in the preparation and competition.
- I pay for my kids to learn to set and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a Champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for the opportunity they will have to make life long friendships.
- I pay for my kids to learn to think, to develop tactics and strategies to solve problems.
- I pay for my kids so that they can be on the mats instead of in front of a screen.
- I pay for my kids to develop confidence that they can use in all aspects of their life.
- I pay for my kids to learn to defend themselves and will not get bullied.
- I pay for a safe environment, so my kids can learn self defence without being susceptible to long term injuries
I could go on and on and on. But in short, I don’t pay for Jiu Jitsu. I pay for the opportunities that Jiu Jitsu provide my kids, so that they develop attributes and skills that will serve them well through out their lives, and give them an opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far, I think it’s a great investment