We recently held some anti-bullying sessions in our junior 1 and junior 2 classes. Please see below an article about this subject from De Been 100% Jiu Jitsu Wodonga.
As parents, do you ever worry that your child gets bullied at school?
Most schoolyard bullies literally use their size advantage to push around smaller kids. You don’t want your child to be a victim. If your child is not bully-proof they might be suffering from the following:
- Symptoms of anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Low level of resilience
- Symptoms of depression
- Sleep disturbance
- School avoidance
- Poor academic performance
- Lack of quality friendships at school
Even though schools are aware of this, the victims don’t seem to report the incidents. They are scared to deal with it. What’s scarier is that bullying takes many forms. Your child might be too fearful to let you know about them. Sadly, the consequences of bullying might affect your child for the rest of their lives. We can work together to avoid this. We can work together to put an end to bullying!
Say No To Bullying. Let’s Raise Confident And Disciplined Kids Now
Our bully-proof program empowers children to be confident. The program does not encourage punching or kicking, instead, it teaches them ways to process situations and turn them to their advantage. We encourage our Juniors to use their minds and not their fists in situations where they may be intimidated or bullied. The BJJ Kids classes include games that offset technique so that the children find it easier to adapt with little to no difficulty. They learn the fundamentals of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well as how to apply these to protect themselves. Here are some reasons why you should enroll your child to our program:
- Your child will develop fundamental skills such as agility, balance, and coordination. This allows them to perform better physically
- Your child will develop resilience through basic techniques which will improve the coping skills necessary for their everyday lives
- Your child will learn to thrive and work hard so they can be more disciplined and driven to achieve their goals
- Your child will develop confidence which will enable them to face day to day challenges with a smile
- They will gain new friends while they enjoy martial arts.
Please do not hesitate to discuss this topic further with your class coach if you have any concerns.