Big thankyou to the Marines, including the Carlos Gracie black belt, that dropped in last night. What a session!!!
De Been 100% Jiu Jitsu established itself as Australia’s first Jiu Jitsu Academy in 1993, with DBJJDARWIN opening in 2008 to become Darwin’s first BJJ club.
As the only De Been 100% Jiu Jitsu Academy in the Northern Territory, we have the benefit of location visits from Peter De Been. This benefit maintains direct contact with reputable Jiu Jitsu standards, with the highest Jiu Jitsu lineage: Carlos Gracie>Carlos Gracie Jr>Peter de Been>YOU.
Peter will be visit de Been 100% Jiu Jitsu Darwin on Friday 26th June.
All members welcome, so be sure to attend, every seminar is great fun and Peter shows techniques for all levels.
John has been with us for 3.5 years and was promoted to Kids Head Coach in December 2016. We asked him a few questions about his Jiu Jitsu journey to date and some ways he likes to spend his time away from the gym.
- Why did you start Jiu Jitsu? Try something new.
- Favourite thing about Jiu Jitsu? Made lots of new friends.
- Best Jiu Jitsu moment? Watching kids do well at the last competition. “They do listen!”
- Goals and ambitions – Black Belt
- What do you love about DBJJDARWIN? The tight group of easy going people and friendships developed.
- Non BJJ – Favourite movie genre Sci-FI. Favourite food – Mac & Cheese